Announcement of Imported Cosmetic
Cosmetic announcement is the registration of censorship of cosmetic products with the competent authority so that the product can be legally circulated on the market. Currently, the cosmetic proclamation dossier can be submitted online through the government website, however, the dossier standardization remains lots of difficulties leading to the multiple times returning of applications. Therefore, using GMPc's consulting service is a optimal solutions for businesses.
Process and procedures for cosmetic announcement
The GMPc's Guidance of cosmetic announcement procedure
I. The dossier receiving agency
- For domestic cosmetics: The nearest Department of Health to headquartered/manufacturing facility. The dossier can be submitted through one-stop administrative procedures.
- For imported cosmetics: Drug Administration of Vietnam - Ministry of Health. The dossier can be submitted online through the website.
II. Drafting the cosmetic proclamation dossier
Two types of cosmetic proclamation dossier
- For imported cosmetics:
1. Business registration certificate with the cosmetic business
2. Certificate of free sale of the product (CFS) is consularly legalized.
3. Authorization letter the manufacturer or distributor authorizing the Vietnamese company to be allowed to sell cosmetics to the market (LOA), consularly legalized.
4. Pdf of product formula
5. Cosmetic announcement form
6. Login ac on website of Drug Administration of Vietnam (if any)
7. Enterprise's digital signature
– For domestic cosmetics:
1. Business registration certificate with cosmetic manufacturing industry
2. Composition analysis (Full composition, percentage, specific amount)
3. Certificate of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) of the manufacturing facilities
4. Document explaining the use of the product
5. Description of the manufacturing facility
6. Cosmetic announcement sheet (According to Circular No: 06/2011/TT-BYT on cosmetic management).
7. The CD containing the prepared announcement sheet
8. Product label
III. Notes about dossier
- Certificate of Free Sale (CFS):
Issued by the state agency to the manufacturer with the content of the product being sold freely in the ry of origin. When carrying out the consular legalization procedure, it is necessary to validate the original directly without going through the authentication step at the lawyer's office or equivalent agencies.
- Authorization letter
Most customer authorization letters are not valid. KBI Cosmetics will support the form and content of the authorization letter for customers.
– Login ac
After creating an ac to log in or use the services of consulting units, customers need to save the initial registration email when making the declaration to apply for an ac. After this, if businesses require the support of the competent authority (Drug Administration of Vietnam - DAV), DAV will send a notice to the original registered email address. In case of loss of email, a hard-copy explanation is required to request support for re-granting the ac and password, therefore the procedure is quite complicated and difficult for the process of re-issuing.
- Formula ingredients of the product
1. It is necessary to specify the name of the ingredient by the scientific name according to international nomenclature and make sure the total substance is 100%.
2. For the product contains substances that require an explanation
GMPc will support customers in preparing written explanations and/or Providing remedy solutions for products containing banned substances or substances exceeding the allowable limit.
COSMETIC ANNOUNMENT SERVICE AT GMPc Vietnam:
I. Services GMPc provides:
1. Consulting on legal issues related to the announcement of circulation of cosmetics
2. Help customers complete necessary procedures related to cosmetic announcement
3. Assess the legality of customer-supplied records. Guide customers to apply for documents in accordance with the law
4. Prepare a written explanation if there is a dispatch the Drug Administration of Vietnam
5. Build cosmetic announcement slips for customers. Create an ac to log in and post information on the system. Follow up and ly handle arising problems
6. Receive results, hand over results to customers
7. Consulting on product clearance procedures, product labels…
8. Consulting on legal issues arising when announcing cosmetic quality
II. Required documents
1. A copy of the business registration certificate (must have the cosmetic business)
2. Certificate of free sale of the product in the ry of origin (if it is an imported cosmetic)
3. Letter of authorization (authorized by the manufacturer/distributor in the ry of manufacture to the distributor in Vietnam)
4. Soft copy of the formula of each product.